102nd ACMSF Meeting 09 February 2023
Last updated: 02 February 2023
On this pageSkip the menu of subheadings on this page.
Public Attendance at this meeting
Members of the public are welcome to attend ACMSF plenary meetings as observers (please note some items will be held in closed session). Request to attend should sent to email@example.com by Tuesday 07 February 2023. Please note that space for observers is limited so we may not be able to accommodate everyone who wants to attend.
The DoubleTree by Hilton, Saint Maurice's Road, York, Yorkshire, United Kingdom, YO31 7JA
Microsoft Teams link is available for those who wish to join the meeting remotely
10.00 – 10:40 (Items 1 to 4)
1. Chair’s introduction
2. Apologies for absence
3. Declaration of interests
4. Minutes of the 101st meeting (ACM/MIN/101)
Members will be invited to approve ACM/MIN/101 as a correct record of the Committee’s 101st meeting.
5. Matters arising (ACM/1402)
The Secretariat has produced an information paper summarising action taken on points arising from the minutes of previous meetings.
6. Committee update
- AMR Working Group
7. Neurotoxin-producing Clostridia subgroup report (ACM/1403)
Members will discuss the ACMSF report on botulinum toxin-producing Clostridia and vacuum packaging and associated processes.
8. Survey of Infectious Intestinal Disease during COVID-19 (ACM/1404)
Darren Holland will present an overview of the recent IID COVID survey.
Update on membership - members will have an opportunity to ask questions about the updated membership process
10. Public Q&A
Members of the public present will be invited to ask any questions they may have about the Committee and/or to make any statements
11. Risk assessment of the risk to vulnerable consumers from Listeria monocytogenes in ready-to-eat smoked fish (ACM/1407) Reserved Business
Dr Karen Pearson from Food Standard Scotland will present an overview of a strategic risk assessment on the risk of Listeria in smoked fish.
12. Epidemiology of Foodborne Infections Group (ACM/1405) Reserved Business
Dr Paul Cook will update Members on the outcome of the EFIG meeting held on 6th December 2022
13. Incidents and outbreaks update (ACM/1406) Reserved Business
Tina Potter will report on recent microbiological food incidents and outbreaks
14. Update/milestones IID3 Reserved Business
Dr Erica Kintz will update members on the current progress on the third study of infectious intestinal disease in the UK project (IID3)
16:00 Meeting closes
ACM/1408 ACMSF workplan
ACM/1409 Update from other SACs
ACM/1410 Items of interest from the literature