Every public authority subject to the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOI) is required to adopt and maintain a publication scheme. A publication scheme is a commitment to routinely and proactively provide information to the public.
The ACMSF had adopted the model Publication Scheme as recommended by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) website.
The ACMSF Information Guide offers the kinds of information the ICO expect scientific advisory committees to provide in order to meet their commitments under the model publication scheme unless:
- they do not hold the information
- the information is exempt under one of the Freedom of Information (FOI) exemptions or Environmental Information Regulations (EIR) exceptions, or its release is prohibited under another statute
- the information is archived, out-of-date or otherwise inaccessible, or
- it would be impractical or resource-intensive to prepare the material for routine release
The FOI requires the ACMSF to:
- adopt and maintain a scheme which relates to the publication of information by the authority and to have that scheme approved by the Information Commissioner
- publish information in accordance with that scheme
- review the scheme from time to time
The publication scheme specifies:
- the classes of information which the public authority publishes (or intends to publish)
- the manner in which information in each class is, (or is intended to be), published
- whether the material is (or is intended to be) available free of charge or on payment of a fee
The publication scheme categorises the information type and provides details on how to obtain it. The overall benefit to our stakeholders and others is to save time and effort in searching and securing relevant Committee information.
The EIRs establish an access regime which allows people to request environmental information from public authorities and those bodies carrying out a public function. Both the Act and Regulations are enforced by the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you cannot find details of the information you are looking for on this website and want to make a request for information please contact the ACMSF Secretariat, at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 020 7276 8946.