This will be the Committee’s final closed meeting. From 5 December 2002, all of the Committee’s meetings will be open.
1. Chairman’s introduction
2. Apologies for absence
3. Declarations of interest
4. Minutes of the 44th meeting - (ACM/MIN/44/REV.1)
5. Matters arising - (ACM/596)
6. Horizon scanning - (ACM/595)
The Committee will continue its discussion of this issue. Members will prioritise a number of topics for further action.
7. On-farm control of Campylobacter in chickens - (ACM/597)
The Committee will discuss provisional advice to the Food Standards Agency (FSA) covering on-farm control of Campylobacter in chickens.
8. Agricultural disposal of sewage sludge - (ACM/598)
The Committee’s opinion will be sought on advice on the measures required to ensure that sewage sludge applied to agricultural land does not present an unacceptable risk to food safety.
9. Any other business
10. Dates of future meetings