The 87th meeting of the Advisory Committee on the Microbiological Safety of Food will be held at 10am on 29 January 2016 at the Mercure Norwich Hotel, Boundary Road, Norwich, NR3 2BA. This meeting is open to members of the public.
- Chair’s introduction
- Apologies for absence
- Declaration of interests
- Minutes of the 86th meeting (ACM/MIN/86)
Members will be invited to approve ACM/MIN/86 as a correct record of the Committee’s 86th meeting.
- Matters arising (ACM/1202)
The Secretariat has produced an information paper summarising action taken on points arising from the minutes of previous meetings.
- Output from Microbiome workshop
The Committee will discuss the outcomes of the previous day’s microbiome workshop.
- ACMSF’s assessment of risk associated with the consumption of shell eggs (ACM/1203)
The Ad Hoc Group on Eggs will present its draft report for consideration by the committee.
- FSA’s work in relation to Rare Burgers (ACM/1204)
The Committee will be updated on work the FSA is undertaking following the FSA Board’s decision on rare burgers.
- Food safety risk of recycled manure solids used as bedding for dairy cattle (ACM/1205)
The Committee considered the AHDB Dairy (formerly DairyCo) scoping study at its meeting in January 2015. The FSA is now asking the Committee to review further research administered by AHDB Dairy.
- Epidemiology of Foodborne Infections Group (ACM/1206)
Dr Paul Cook will update Members on the outcome of the EFIG meeting which took place on 7 December 2015.
- Changes to plant protection product MRLs: potential impact on food safety (ACM/1207)
Members were alerted to this at the October 2015 meeting and the FSA is now requesting that the Committee considers the associated food safety issues.
- Committee sub-groups
- Antimicrobial Resistance Working Group
Prof David McDowell will provide an update on the group’s activities.
- Ad Hoc Group on Campylobacter
Prof Sarah O’Brien will update members on the planned activities for this new group.
- Dates of future meetings (ACM/1208)
- Any other business
- Public Questions and Answers
Members of the public present will be invited to ask any questions they may have about the Committee and/or to make any statements.
ACM/1209 Public health risks associated with Enteroaggretive Escherichia coli (EAEC) as a food-borne pathogen
ACM/1210 Report of the 47th Codex Committee on Food Hygiene
ACM/1211 ACMSF Workplan
ACM/1212 Heat treatment of bivalve molluscs
ACM/1213 Campylobacter and Listeria infections in the EU
ACM/1214 WHO estimates of foodborne disease
ACM/1215 Update from other Scientific Advisory Committees
ACM/1216 Items of interest from the literature
ACM/1217 Campylobacter Retail Survey