1. Chairman's introduction
2. Apologies for absence
3. Declarations of interest
4. Minutes of the 47th meeting (ACM/MIN/47)
Members will be invited to approve ACM/MIN/47 as a correct record of the Committee’s 47th meeting.
5. Matters arising (ACM/633)
The Secretariat has produced an information paper summarising action taken on points arising from the minutes of previous meetings.
6. Avian Influenza (ACM/634)
Members will be brought up to date with developments.
7. Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) (ACM/635)
The Food Standards Agency will brief Members on the epidemic and current views on routes of transmission.
8. Clostridium botulinum guidance (ACM/636)
Members will consider draft FSA guidance on risk associated with home and commercial bottling of vegetables in oil.
9. Microbiological risk assessment
- catering waste (ACM/637)
- manure and abattoir waste (ACM/638)
Mr Kyriakides will report on the Ad Hoc Group on Sewage Sludge’s peer review of the microbiological risk assessments for :-
- the use of composting and biogas treatment to dispose of catering waste containing meat; and
- the spreading of animal manure and abattoir waste on agricultural land.
10. Campylobacter Working Group (ACM/639)
The Chairman will provide a progress report on the work of the Campylobacter Working Group.
11. Horizon scanning
Ms Davies and Dr Andrews will provide progress reports on the work of the Ad Hoc Groups on Imported Foods and Changing Social Habits respectively.
12. Dates of future meetings (ACM/640)
13. Any other business
14. Public Question and Answer session
Members of the public present will be invited to ask any questions they may have about the Committee.
ACM/641 : FSA note on HACCP uptake by dairies.
ACM/642 : FSA comments on DEFRA strategy for veterinary surveillance.
ACM/643 : Microbiological risk assessment : pathogens in biosolids : ACMSF comments.
ACM/644 : Code of Practice on Quality Assurance in Research.
ACM/645 : International VTEC-STEC Club : IVC news 16.
ACM/646 : Work of other advisory committees.
ACM/647 : Food irradiation : opinion of the EU Scientific Committee on Food.
ACM/648 : FSA Campylobacter strategy.
ACM/649 : FSA Review of Scientific Committees : ACMSF Secretariat contribution to 2nd Implementation Report.