1. Chair’s introduction
2. Apologies for absence
3. Declaration of interests
4. Minutes of the 79th meeting (ACM/MIN/79)
Members will be invited to approve ACM/MIN/79 as a correct record of the Committee’s 79th meeting.
5. Matters arising
The Secretariat has produced an information paper summarising action taken on points arising from the minutes of previous meetings.
6. Q fever, raw milk and raw milk products
Dr Emma Snary and Dr Paul Gale (AHVLA) will present progress on research to assess the Q fever risk from the consumption of unpasteurised milk and milk products.
7. Freezing chicken livers and Campylobacter
The Committee will receive a presentation from Dr Mike Hutchison (Bristol University) on the results of research to assess the effect of freezing chicken livers on Campylobacter numbers.
8. Infant formula
The Committee will be asked to comment on the microbiological risks associated with the preparation of infant formula.
- Dr Paul Cook will update Members on the outcome of the Epidemiology of Foodborne Infections Group meeting which took place on 3 June 2013.
- The Committee will receive a presentation from Dr Bob Adak (PHE) on the collection of human foodborne infections denominator data.
10. Committee sub-groups
Ad Hoc Group on Raw, Rare and Low Temperature Cooked Foods
Dr Roy Betts will update the Committee on the group’s fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh meetings.
Ad Hoc Group on Antimicrobial Resistance
Prof McDowell will provide an update on the setting up of this new group.
11. General Advisory Committee on Science
The Chair will update members on the March meeting of GACS.
12. Dates of future meetings
13. Any other business
14. Public Questions and Answers
Members of the public present will be invited to ask any questions they may have about the Committee and/or to make any statements.
FSA work on Listeria
Update from other Scientific Advisory Committees
ACMSF Work plan
CERF Horizon scanning newsletters
FSA Workshop on foodborne viruses
Summaries of subgroup meetings
Items of interest from the literature
FAO/WHO Campylobacter report
FSA and HPA Olympics Reports