1. Chair’s introduction
2. Apologies for absence
3. Declaration of interests
4. Minutes of the 76th meeting (ACM/MIN/76)
Members will be invited to approve ACM/MIN/76 as a correct record of the Committee’s 76th meeting.
5. Matters arising (ACM/1047)
The Secretariat has produced an information paper summarising action taken on points arising from the minutes of previous meetings.
6. Horizon scanning (ACM/1048)
Mrs Vivianne Buller and Mr David Nuttall will give a presentation on changing food preparation techniques in the hospitality sector that may impact on microbiological food safety.
7. ACMSF risk assessment (ACM/1049)
Dr Paul Cook will present a paper on potential approaches to ACMSF risk assessments.
8. ACMSF response to the WRAP risk assessment on Quality, safety and use of digestate in UK agriculture (ACM/1050)
Mr Paul McMullin will present ACMSF’s draft response to the WRAP risk assessment for consideration by Members.
9. STEC and seeds/sprouted seeds (ACM/1051)
The Committee will be updated on current activities in relation to the microbiological safety of sprouted seeds, following the Shiga-toxin producing Escherichia coli (STEC) outbreaks in France and Germany. The Committee will also be invited to comment on EFSA’s scientific opinion on seeds/sprouted seeds.
10. ACMSF Work plan (ACM/1052)
Members will be invited to discuss the Committee’s work plan and a process for approving/updating it.
11. EFIG (ACM/1053)
Dr Paul Cook will update Members on the outcome of the Epidemiology of Foodborne Infections Group meeting which took place on 10 November 2011
12. Code of Practice for Scientific Advisory Committees (ACM/1054)
The Secretariat will update Members on changes to the 2011 revised Code of Practice.
13. Committee sub-groups
Ad Hoc Group on Foodborne Viral Infections
• Professor Sarah O’Brien will report on the Group’s sixth meeting
14. Dates of future meetings (ACM/1055)
15. Any other business
16. Public Questions and Answers
Members of the public present will be invited to ask any questions they may have about the Committee and/or to make any statements.
ACM/1056 Update from other Scientific Advisory Committees
ACM/1057 Update on Codex Committee on Food Hygiene
ACM/1058 Items of possible interest from the literature
ACM/1059 CERF Horizon scanning newsletter
ACM/1060 Report on the investigation into the prevalence, distribution and levels of norovirus in oyster harvesting areas in the UK
ACM/1061 A report for the Alliance to Save our Antibiotics – How human health is under threat from over-use of antibiotics in intensive livestock farming