1. Chairman's introduction
2. Apologies for absence
3. Declaration of interests
4. Minutes of the 59th meeting (ACM/MIN/59)
Members will be invited to approve ACM/MIN/59 as a correct record of the Committee's 59th meeting.
5. Matters arising (ACM/797)
The Secretariat has produced an information paper summarising action taken on points arising from the minutes of previous meetings.
6. Fat and added sugar reduction in foods (ACM/798)
FSA contractor [to be confirmed] to present the outcome of an independent scientific review of the microbiological risks associated with reductions in fat and added sugar in foods, for Members' consideration.
7. Storage of human breast milk [This item was withdrawn from the agenda]
The FSA will seek the view of the Committee on food hygiene issues associated with increased storage of breast milk.
8. Ad hoc Group on botulism in cattle – consultation response (ACM/800)
Professor Peter Williams will present the finalised report on botulism in cattle, and the summary of consultation responses for agreement for publication.
9. Scientific Governance (ACM/801)
The Committee will receive a presentation from the FSA on development of a best practice agreement for use by Scientific Committees, for consideration by Members
The Committee will review its policies on openness and improving public access
11. Induction and appraisal
The Secretariat will seek the views of the Committee on proposed procedures for induction and informal appraisal for new ACMSF members
12. Horizon scanning (ACM/802)
The Secretariat will present a revised list of potential or future microbiological safety issues for consideration by Members.
13. Surveillance update (ACM/803)
Members will be briefed by the FSA on planned and future surveillance and updated on recent work undertaken by the Working Group on Surveillance to consider survey protocols and methodology
14. Committee sub-groups
- Professor Sarah O'Brien will update Members on work carried out by the short-life Salmonella contact Group
- The Chair of the Ad Hoc Group on Newly-emerging pathogens (Professor Hunter) will report on the progress of this Group.
15. Dates of future meetings (ACM/804)
16. Any other business
17. Public Questions and Answers
Members of the public present will be invited to ask any questions they may have about the Committee and/or to make any statements.
ACM/805 Update on the E.coli O157 outbreak in South Wales
ACM/806 EC Coordinated Programme for the Official Control of Foodstuffs report: bacteriological safety of pre-packaged mixed salads from retail premises for Listeria monocytogenes
ACM/807 European Food Safety Authority EMRISK project
ACM/808 European Food Safety Authority Opinion from BIOHAZ Panel, 16 March 2006
ACM/809 ACMSF Membership: pen portraits
ACM/810 Items of possible interest from the literature
ACM/811 Botulism testing paper
ACM/812 Changing Pattern of Human Listeriosis, England and Wales, 2001-2004