1. Chairman's introduction
2. Apologies for absence
3. Declaration of interests
4. Minutes of the 58th meeting (ACM/MIN/58)
Members will be invited to approve ACM/MIN/58 as a correct record of the Committee's 58th meeting.
5. Matters arising
The Secretariat has produced an information paper summarising action taken on points arising from the minutes of previous meetings.
6. Review of scientific evidence to support FSA consultation on vacuum-packaged and modified atmosphere packaged foods
Members will receive a presentation from the Institute of Food Research on the outcome of an independently commissioned review to examine current scientific evidence to support a shelf-life limitation of 5 days for consideration by the Committee.
7. Update on poultry surveillance
Members will receive an update from the National Public Health Service, Wales on the findings of a 2005 survey of Salmonella and Campylobacter contamination of poultry on retail sale in Wales and Northern Ireland.
8. Ad hoc Group on safe cooking of burgers – final report
Professor Peter Williams will present a report of the outcome of the work carried out by the ad hoc Group on safe cooking of burgers to review current advice on the safe cooking of burgers in light of differences highlighted between the recommended cooking conditions in the UK and US.
9. ACMSF report on infant botulism
Professor O'Brien will present the finalised report on minimally processed weaning foods, and the summary of consultation responses for agreement for publication.
10. Listeria update
Members will receive an update from the Health Protection Agency on recent trends in Listeria monocytogenes infections.
11. Horizon scanning
The Secretariat will seek the Committee's views on potential or future microbiological safety issues for consideration.
12. EFIG update
Dr Paul Cook will update Members on the outcome of the Epidemiology of Foodborne Infections Group meeting which took place on 7 March.
13. Hepatitis E
Dr David Brown to briefly update Members on recent developments
14. Annual Report 2005 and forward look
Members will be invited to comment on the draft Annual Report 2005 and the Committee's forward work programme.
- The Chair of the Working Group on Avian Influenza will update Members on developments since the December 2005 meeting.
- The Chair of the Working Group on Surveillance (Professor Tom Humphrey) will report on the progress of this Group.
- The Chair of the Ad Hoc Group on Newly-emerging pathogens (Professor Hunter) will report on the progress of this Group.
15. Dates of future meetings
16. Any other business
17. Public Questions and Answers
Members of the public present will be invited to ask any questions they may have about the Committee and/or to make any statements.
Update on the E.coli O157 outbreak in South Wales
FSA Foodborne Disease Strategy: Trends in foodborne disease
Update on Salmonella in non-UK eggs
MSFFG updated Salmonella report
EC co-ordinated programme report on mixed raw vegetable salads
EFSA advisory forum on risk assessment in Europe
EU layer survey report
Guidance on microcriteria regulation 2073/2005
Items of possible interest from the literature