1. Chairman's introduction
2. Apologies for absence
3. Declaration of interests
4. Minutes of the 55th meeting (ACM/MIN/55)
Members will be invited to approve ACM/MIN/55 as a correct record of the Committee's 55th meeting.
5. Matters arising (ACM/738)
The Secretariat has produced an information paper summarising action taken on points arising from the minutes of previous meetings.
6. Salt reduction - impact on food safety (ACM/740)
Members will receive a paper from the Food Standards Agency and a presentation from the Institute of Food Research updating them on the outcome of a review being carried out on the impact of salt reduction on the microbiological safety of foods
7. Illegal importation of meat - public health risks (ACM/741)
Members will be asked to consider the outcome of a review of the implications for public health of the microbiological risks associated with the consumption of illegally imported meat (including 'bush meat'); and the extent to which food safety control mechanisms would be adequate to control such risks.
8. Infant botulism (ACM/742)
Members will receive a report of the outcome of the work carried out by the ad hoc group on infant botulism to consider the potential human health risk from infant botulism associated with the consumption of chilled or frozen pureed baby food.
9. Egg advice - update (ACM/743)
Members will receive an update from the Food Standards Agency on developments in relation to non-UK eggs.
10. Committee sub-groups
- The Chair of the Ad Hoc Group on Botulism in cattle (Professor Reilly) will report on the progress of this group
- The Chair of the Ad Hoc Group on Newly-emerging pathogens (Professor Hunter) will report on the progress of this group
- The Chair of the Ad Hoc Group on Safe cooking of burgers (Professor Williams) will report on the progress of this group
- The Chair of the Working Group Group on Surveillance (Professor Humphrey) will report on the progress of this group
11. Dates of future meetings (ACM/744)
12. Any other business
13. Public Questions and Answers
Members of the public present will be invited to ask any questions they may have about the Committee and/or to make any statements.