1. Chair's introduction
2. Apologies for absence
3. Declaration of interests
4. Minutes of the 87th meeting (ACM/MIN/87)
Members will be invited to approve ACM/MIN/87 as a correct record of the Committee’s 87thmeeting.
5. Matters arising (ACM/1218)
The Secretariat has produced an information paper summarising action taken on points arising from the minutes of previous meetings.
6. ACMSF's assessment of risk associated with the consumption of shell eggs (ACM/1219)
Prof John Coia will present a draft response to the public consultation on the Ad Hoc Group’s report: An Update on the microbiological risk from shell eggs and their products (ACM/1219a) and a revised draft of the report (ACM/1219b).
7. Zika virus: Draft risk assessment related to exposure via the food chain (ACM/1220)
The Committee will be asked to comment on the draft risk assessment.
8. APHA work relating to Food animal microbiome (ACM/1221)
Members will be briefed by APHA on its research activities in relation to food animal microbiome.
9. FSA’s work in relation to Rare Burgers (ACM/1222)
The Committee will be updated on the work the FSA has been undertaking in relation to rare burgers.
10. Toxoplasma EU funded work (ACM/1223)
The FSA will update the committee on recent EU funded work on Toxoplasma.
11. Epidemiology of Foodborne Infections Group (ACM/1224)
Dr Paul Cook will update Members on the outcome of the EFIG meeting which took place on 7 June 2016.
12. Committee and cross SAC sub-groups
- Ad Hoc Group on Campylobacter
Prof Sarah O’Brien will update members on the group’s activities.
- Antimicrobial Resistance Working Group
Prof David McDowell will provide an update on the group’s activities.
- Surveillance Working Group
Prof John Coia will update members on the group’s activities.
- Cross-SAC Working Group on the framework for foods that present an increased risk per serving
Dr Gary Barker will update members on the activities of this group.
13. Dates of future meetings (ACM/1225)
14. Any other business
15. Public Questions and Answers
Members of the public present will be invited to ask any questions they may have about the Committee and/or to make any statements.
ACM/1226 ACMSF Work plan
ACM/1227 Update from other Scientific Advisory Committees
ACM/1228 Items of interest from the literature
ACM/1229 Campylobacter Retail Survey
ACM/1230 Review of the FSA guidance on the safety and shelf-life of vacuum and modified atmosphere packed chilled foods with respect to non-proteolytic Clostridium botulinum.