- Chair’s introduction
- Apologies for absence
- Declaration of interests
- Minutes of the 93rd meeting (ACM/MIN/93)
Members will be invited to approve ACM/MIN/93 as a correct record of the Committee’s 93rd meeting.
- Matters arising (ACM/1292)
The Secretariat has produced an information paper summarising action taken on points arising from the minutes of previous meetings.
- FSA’s guidance on vacuum and modified atmosphere packed chilled foods (ACM/1293)
The Committee will be updated on this issue with a proposed way forward to review non-proteolytic Clostridium botulinum risks in the context of the FSA’s guidance on vacuum and modified atmosphere packed chilled foods.
- Ad Hoc Group on Risk Assessment Report (ACM/1294)
The Chair of the Ad Hoc Group on Risk Assessment will give a presentation on a proposed new risk assessment framework for the Committee to discuss.
- Ad Hoc Group on Campylobacter Report (ACM/1295)
The ACMSF Campylobacter draft report underwent a 10-week public consultation. The Committee will be updated with a summary of responses received and the amended draft final report for consideration.
- Epidemiology of Foodborne Infections Group (ACM/1296)
Dr Paul Cook will update Members on the outcome of the EFIG meetings held on 18 January and 14 June 2019.
- Committee updates
- Ad Hoc Group on QACs and Biocides used in food processing
- Working Group on Antimicrobial Resistance
- Newly Emerging Pathogens Working Group
- Dates of future meetings (ACM/1297)
- Any other business
- Public Questions and Answers
Members of the public present will be invited to ask any questions they may have about the Committee and/or to make any statements.
- Review of alternative interventions in poultry processing (ACM/1298) Reserved Business
The Committee will discuss the FSA’s literature review of alternative interventions in poultry processing.
- Food Standards Agency and Food Standards Scotland Risk Analysis Guidelines (ACM/1299) Reserved Business
The Committee will be updated on work being undertaken on risk analysis by FSA and FSS in preparation for the UK’s Exit from the EU.