- Chair’s introduction
- Apologies for absence
- Declaration of interests
- Minutes of the 89th meeting (ACM/MIN/89)
Members will be invited to approve ACM/MIN/89 as a correct record of the Committee’s 89thmeeting.
- Matters arising (ACM/1241)
The Secretariat has produced an information paper summarising action taken on points arising from the minutes of previous meetings.
- A systematic review of AMR bacteria in pork, poultry, dairy products, seafood and fresh produce at UK retail level (ACM/1242)
The Committee will receive a presentation on the findings of above study.
- Mycobacterium bovis and possible health risks associated with meat (ACM/1243)
The Committee will be asked to comment on the draft risk assessment.
- Changes to plant protection product and biocide MRLs: potential impact on food safety (ACM/1244)
The Food Standards Agency will update Members on progress concerning several inter-related negotiations including the amendment of chlorate MRLs, the development of a procedure for setting biocide MRLs and finalisation of the legal definition for endocrine disrupting chemicals, all of which could impact on the availability and use of disinfection products for food and feed processes.
- Epidemiology of Foodborne Infections Group (ACM/1245)
Dr Manisha Upadhyay will update Members on the outcome of the EFIG meeting which took place on 6 December 2016.
- Committee sub-groups
- Ad Hoc Group on Campylobacter
Prof Sarah O’Brien will update members on the group’s activities.
- Antimicrobial Resistance Working Group
Prof David McDowell will provide an update on the group’s activities.
- Cross-SAC Working Group on the framework for foods that present an increased risk per serving
Dr Gary Barker will update members on the activities of this group.
- Dates of future meetings (ACM/1246)
- Any other business
- Public Questions and Answers
Members of the public present will be invited to ask any questions they may have about the Committee and/or to make any statements.
ACM/1247 ACMSF Work plan
ACM/1248 Update from other Scientific Advisory Committees
ACM/1249 Items of interest from the literature
ACM/1250 FSA Board Paper: Developing proportionate controls for risky foods
ACM/1251 9th meeting of the Global Microbial Identifier
ACM/1252 Zika virus - Risk assessment related to exposure via the food chain