- Chair’s introduction
- Apologies for absence
- Declaration of interests
- Minutes of the 88th meeting
Members will be invited to approve ACM/MIN/88 as a correct record of the Committee’s 88th meeting.
- Matters arising
The Secretariat has produced an information paper summarising action taken on points arising from the minutes of previous meetings.
- VTEC associated with the food chain
Public Health England will update the Committee on VTEC associated with food (surveillance, trends in outbreaks, recent developments and use of WGS).
- Mycobacterium avium subspecies paratuberculosis – Draft risk assessment related to exposure via the food chain
The Committee will be asked to comment on the draft risk assessment.
- Foodborne Viral Infections (Initial response to the ACMSF virus report) (For members' use only until publication of EFSA report of joint workshop)
The Committee will receive another update on progress made by the Agency and other Government Departments in implementing recommendations outlined in the ACMSF 2015 report on viruses in the food chain.
- Committee sub-groups
- Ad Hoc Group on Campylobacter
Prof Sarah O’Brien will update members on the group’s activities.
- Antimicrobial Resistance Working Group
Prof David McDowell will provide an update on the group’s activities.
- Surveillance Working Group
Prof John Coia will update members on the group’s activities.
- Horizon Scanning
The Committee will be asked to reassess the outcome of the January 2015 horizon scanning workshop and indicate whether there are any further/different emerging microbiological issues that may need consideration.
- Dates of future meetings
- Any other business
- Public Questions and Answers
Members of the public present will be invited to ask any questions they may have about the Committee and/or to make any statements.
ACMSF Work plan
Update from other Scientific Advisory Committees
Items of interest from the literature
Chief Scientific Adviser’s Report on Antimicrobial Resistance