1. Chair’s introduction
2. Apologies for absence
3. Declaration of interests
4. Minutes of the 92nd meeting (ACM/MIN/92)
Members will be invited to approve ACM/MIN/92 as a correct record of the Committee’s 92nd meeting.
5. Matters arising (ACM/1280)
The Secretariat has produced an information paper summarising action taken on points arising from the minutes of previous meetings.
6. Shiga toxin producing E. coli (STEC) in food (ACM/1281)
The Committee is being asked to review its opinion on the risk from STEC in raw and ready-to-eat foods to support decision making regarding the safety of these products.
7. FSA’s guidance on vacuum and modified atmosphere packed chilled foods with respect to Clostridium botulinum: relevant scientific publications over the past 10 years.
The Committee will be updated on current evidence relevant to this issue and recent work undertaken at Campden BRI and QIB Extra.
8. FSA Surveillance Strategy (ACM/1283)
The Committee will receive a presentation on the Food Standards Agency’s revised food surveillance system.
9. Epidemiology of Foodborne Infections Group (ACM/1284)
Dr Paul Cook will update Members on the outcome of the EFIG meeting held on 27 July 2018.
10. Outcomes from 25 January 2018 horizon scanning workshop (ACM/1285)
The Committee to discuss how to take forward outputs from the January 2018 horizon scanning workshop.
11. Committee updates
• Changes to pesticides maximum residue levels: potential impact on food safety
• Ad Hoc Group on Campylobacter – Draft Report
• Working Group on Antimicrobial Resistance
• Ad Hoc group on risk assessment
12. Dates of future meetings (ACM/1286)
13. Any other business
14. Public Questions and Answers
Members of the public present will be invited to ask any questions they may have about the Committee and/or to make any statements.
ACM/1287: ACMSF Workplan
ACM/1288: Update from other committees
ACM/1289: Items of interest from the literature
ACM/1290: E. coli O157 super-shedding in cattle & mitigation of human risk (For Members' Use only)
ACM/1291: Pesticide Residue MRL's - potential impact on food safety