1. Chairman’s introduction
2. Apologies for absence
3. Declaration of interests
4. Minutes of the 51st meeting (ACM/MIN/51)
Members will be invited to approve ACM/MIN/51 as a correct record of the Committee’s 51st meeting.
5. Matters arising (ACM/688)
The Secretariat has produced an information paper summarising action taken on points arising from the minutes of previous meetings.
6. Presentation on the Agency’s new draft strategic plan (ACM/689)
Members will receive a presentation from the Food Standards Agency’s Strategic Development Unit as part of the current public consultation on this document, and will give their views.
7. Botulism in cattle (ACM/690)
The FSA will present a paper seeking Members views on the food chain issues linked to botulism or suspected botulism in cattle.
8. Committee sub-groups
- The Chair of the Ad Hoc Group on Infant Botulism (Dr O’Brien) will provide an oral progress report on the second and third meetings of this Group.
- The Chairs of the Ad Hoc Groups on Sewage Sludge (Mr Kyriakides), Imported Foods (Ms Davies) and Newly-emerging pathogens (Professor Hunter), and the Chair of the Surveillance Working Group (Professor Humphrey), will each provide a brief oral summary of the work of their respective Groups. An information paper prepared by the Secretariat summarising the membership and terms of reference of these Groups is also provided (ACM/696).
9. Undiagnosed encephalitis in ruminants
Dr Brown will provide a brief oral report for members.
10. Chronic sequelae of foodborne infections
Dr O’Brien will brief Members on the chronic sequelae of foodborne infections.
11. Dates of future meetings (ACM/692)
12. Any other business
13. Public Questions and Answers
Members of the public present will be invited to ask any questions they may have about the Committee and/or to make any statements.
ACM/693 Results of the LACORS/HPA Study of External Packaging of Raw Meat and Offal from Retail Premises
ACM/694 World Health Organisation Workshop on Enterobacter sakazakii and Other Microorganisms in Powdered Infant Formula, Geneva, 2-5 February 2004
ACM/695 Report on the 36th session of the Codex Committee on Food Hygiene, Washington D.C., 29 March – 3 April 2004
ACM/696 Ad Hoc and Working Group Membership and Terms of Reference
ACM/697 Committee members
ACM/698 Items of possible interest from the literature