1. Chairman's introduction
2. Apologies for absence
3. Declaration of interests
4. Minutes of the 52nd meeting (ACM/MIN/52)
Members will be invited to approve ACM/MIN/52 as a correct record of the Committee's 52nd meeting.
5. Matters arising (ACM/699)
The Secretariat has produced an information paper summarising action taken on points arising from the minutes of previous meetings.
6. Working Group on Campylobacter
Professor Reilly will update members on progress following the outcome of the consultation on the ACMSF's Second Report on Campylobacter.
7. Survey of Salmonella and Campylobacter contamination of whole, raw poultry on retail sale in Wales in 2003 (ACM/700)
Members will receive a presentation from Dr Meldrum, National Public Health Service, Wales. Members' views will be sought on the findings and the value of a rolling approach to assessing Salmonella and Campylobacter contamination of raw poultry meat at retail. Professor Humphrey will also be invited to present the views of the Surveillance Working Group on this survey.
8. Safe cooking of burgers (ACM/701)
Members will receive a paper from the Food Standards Agency seeking their views on whether the current advice issued by the CMO is still appropriate.
9. Microbiological control of doner kebabs (ACM/702)
Members will receive a briefing paper from the Food Standards Agency outlining processes used to prepare these products for consumption, and microbiological risks to human health, for their consideration.
10. Committee sub-groups
- The Chair of the Ad Hoc Group on Infant Botulism (Dr O'Brien) will report briefly on the fourth meeting of this Group.
- The Chair of the Ad Hoc Group on Imported Foods (Mr Mepham) will report briefly on the progress of this Group.
- The Chair of the Ad Hoc Group on Newly-emerging pathogens (Professor Hunter) will report briefly on the progress of this Group.
- The Chair of the Ad Hoc Group on Botulism in Cattle (Professor Reilly) will report briefly on the progress of this Group.
- The Chair of the Ad Hoc Group on Risk Assessment (Professor Reilly) will report briefly on the progress of this Group.
11. Dates of future meetings (ACM/703)
12. Any other business
13. Public Questions and Answers
Members of the public present will be invited to ask any questions they may have about the Committee and/or to make any statements.
ACM/704 Implementation of the Agency's Foodborne Disease Strategy: Annual Update
ACM/705 Risk profile: Campylobacter jejuni/coli in poultry (whole and pieces)
ACM/706 List of archived ACMSF papers
ACM/707 Updated list of Working Group and Ad Hoc Groups membership and terms of reference
ACM/708 Risk assessment of Listeria monocytogenes in ready-to-eat foods – interpretative summary
ACM/709 Items of possible interest from the literature