1. Chair’s introduction
2. Apologies for absence
3. Declaration of interests
4. Minutes of the 68th meeting (ACM/MIN/68)
Members will be invited to approve ACM/MIN/68 as a correct record of the Committee’s 68th meeting.
5. Matters arising
The Secretariat has produced an information paper summarising action taken on points arising from the minutes of previous meetings.
6. Campylobacter in the elderly
The HPA will brief Members on the changing age pattern of campylobacteriosis in England and Wales.
7. Report on listeria in the elderly
Professor Humphrey will present the response to the public consultation on the Ad Hoc Group on Vulnerable Groups Report to investigate the incidence of listeriosis in the UK.
8. Salmonella in eggs risk assessment model
The FSA will update the Committee on the development of a risk assessment model for Salmonella in eggs.
9. Codex Food Hygiene meeting
Dr Paul Cook will update the Committee on the December 2008 meeting of the Codex Committee on Food Hygiene.
Dr Judith Hilton (Chair, EFIG) will update Members on the outcome of the Epidemiology of Foodborne Infections Group meetings which took place on 30 October 2008 and 5 March 2009.
11. Botulism in sheep and goats
The FSA will update members on work to implement the recommendations of the ACMSF Report on botulism in sheep and goats.
12. Committee sub-groups
Ad Hoc Group on vulnerable groups
- Professor Humphrey will report on work undertaken with the SSRC to examine behavioural issues linked to the increase in incidence in listeriosis in the over 60’s.
- Professor Humphrey will also update Members on the work to examine toxoplasmosis in the food chain.
Working Group on Surveillance
- Professor Humphrey will report on the progress of the Working Group on Surveillance.
13. Update on GACs
The Chair will update Members on the October 2008 and February 2009 meetings of the General Advisory Committee.
14. Dates of future meetings
15. Any other business
16. Public Questions and Answers
Members of the public present will be invited to ask any questions they may have about the Committee and/or to make any statements.
EFSA Trends and Sources
EFSA BIOHAZ Panel Opinion on Salmonella in table eggs
Board paper – publication of minutes
Board paper on food safety
LACORS/HPA Co-ordinated Food Liaison Group Studies
Update on outbreak of E. coli O157 in South Wales and subsequent developments
Reports from the Microbiological Safety of Food Funders Group
EFSA Opinion on the Potential Risks Arising from Nanoscience and Nanotechnologies on Food and Feed
Items of possible interest from the literature