- Chair’s introduction
- Apologies for absence
- Declaration of interests
- Minutes of the 83rd meeting (ACM/MIN/83)
Members will be invited to approve ACM/MIN/83 as a correct record of the Committee’s 83rdmeeting.
- Matters arising (ACM/1163)
The Secretariat has produced an information paper summarising action taken on points arising from the minutes of previous meetings.
6. Output from horizon scanning workshop
The Committee will discuss the outcomes of the previous day’s horizon scanning workshop.
7. Update on viruses in the food chain (ACM/1164)
Prof Sarah O’Brien will present a draft response to the public consultation on the Ad Hoc Group’s report An Update on Viruses in the Food Chain (ACM/1164a) and a revised draft of the report (ACM/1164b).
8. Food safety risk of recycled manure solids used as bedding for dairy cattle (ACM/1165)
The Food Standards Agency will present a paper seeking the Committee’s views on the food safety implications of the use of green bedding/recycled manure solids for dairy cattle.
9. Risk assessment of Salmonella from shell eggs (ACM/1166)
The Food Standards Agency will present a paper seeking the Committee’s views on the current level of risk from shell eggs following changes in Salmonella infections in humans and layers since the committee’s last report in 2001.
10. Food and You Survey: Findings from Wave 3 (ACM/1167)
The Committee will receive a presentation from the Food Standards Agency on the results of Wave 3 of the Food and You Survey.
11. A microbiological survey of pre-packed ready-to-eat sliced meats at retail in UK small to medium sized enterprises (ACM/1168)
The Food Standards Agency will present the results of this survey and the Committee will be asked to comment on the significance of the findings.
12. Epidemiology of Foodborne Infections Group (ACM/1169)
Dr Paul Cook will update Members on the outcome of the EFIG meeting which took place on 9 December 2014.
13. Committee sub-groups
- Antimicrobial Resistance Working Group (ACM/1170)
Prof David McDowell will provide an update on the group’s fifth and sixth meetings
14. Dates of future meetings (ACM/1171)
16. Public Questions and Answers
Members of the public present will be invited to ask any questions they may have about the Committee and/or to make any statements.
ACM/1172 Update from other Scientific Advisory Committees
ACM/1173 ACMSF Work plan
ACM/1174 Items of interest from the literature
ACM/1175 Report of the 46th Codex Committee on Food Hygiene
ACM/1176 Recent EFSA reports and opinions